This is the study leave blog of the Rev Peter W Nimmo, Minister of Old High St Stephen's Church, Inverness, Scotland.
Blog Posts (most recent first)
- Noelle Damico talks about her Fair Food campaigns
- Union Seminary Poverty Initiative
- Presbyterian Ministry at the UN 3- more with Mark Koenig
- Presbyterian Ministry at the UN 2- interview with Mark Koenig
- Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations- part 1
- The Plenary Sessions, Voting and Procedures in the PC(USA) General Assembly
- Presbyterian Church (USA) General Assembly: introduction
- More on Community Organising: Brad’s story
- Community organising training 1
- Study Leave talk at Old High St Stephen’s
- Evening Prayer at the General Assembly
- Conversations with Congressman Geoff Davis: Part 2
- Growth or faithfulness? A Cincinnati Presbyterian pastor reflects
- Conversations with Congressman Geoff Davis: Part 1
- The Middle East in the Midwest: Israel, Palestine, and US Evangelicalism
- Photos from University Christian Church, Cincinatti, Ohio
- Slavery and Freedom in Cincinnati
- US Presbyterian General Assembly summary
- Midwestern evangelicalism in Cincinnati
- PC (USA) Statistics again
- US Healthcare Debate: comment by Sojourners’ Jim Wallis
- More writing needed!
- The Poverty Initiative of the the National Council of Churches of Christ
- PC (USA) online
- PC(USA) statistics
- At the PC(USA) General Assembly
- Update about Washington
- Sojourners: a different evangelical politics?
- A wee walk around New York
- Economics and the General Assemblies
- Will Israel, gay issues to dominate PC (USA) General Assembly?
- Second Tuesday: the Israel/Palestinian conflict and the PC(USA)
- Quick update
- Community organizing turns serious… but fun!
- Interim update: Tuesday evening, 19 June
- At the Faith in Public Life office in Washington DC with Jennifer Butler
- At the Presbyterian office in Washington DC
- Sermon at White Plains Presbyterian Church, June 10, 2012
- Pastor Jeff Geary blogs on my arrival!
- First days in USA
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
- 4,170 hits
Category Archives: Poverty
On Sunday 17 June, I attended church at University Christian Church, and then had my meeting with Congressman Geoff Davis. Pastor Troy Jackson then picked me up from northern Kentucky, and after brief stops at his home and to buys … Continue reading
I talked with Congressman Geoff Davis in two conversations over a weekend- firstly by phone, and then, with his wife Pat at a coffee shop on Sunday morning. And we also spoke when we met in his office in Washington … Continue reading
During my study leave I got to know Congressman Geoff Davis, who generously gave me some time to share his reflections on faith and politics. In this post, I explain how we came to meet, something of Congressman Davis’ military, … Continue reading
For my final appointment in Washington DC, on the afternoon of Wednesday 13 June, I returned once again to the United Methodist Building on Capitol Hill, a building which is also home to the Washington office of the ecumenical body … Continue reading
My last meeting in Washington DC (on 13 June 2012) was with the Rev Michael Livingston of the Poverty Initiative of the National Council of churches. My notes on that meeting with appear in a day or two. I have … Continue reading
On Wednesday 13, my last in Washington DC, I travelled to Columbia Heights to the office of Christian campaigning organisation, Sojourners, to meet Nicole Higgins. As Nicole explained to me, Columbia Heights is an area which burned in the riots … Continue reading