This is the study leave blog of the Rev Peter W Nimmo, Minister of Old High St Stephen's Church, Inverness, Scotland.
Blog Posts (most recent first)
- Noelle Damico talks about her Fair Food campaigns
- Union Seminary Poverty Initiative
- Presbyterian Ministry at the UN 3- more with Mark Koenig
- Presbyterian Ministry at the UN 2- interview with Mark Koenig
- Presbyterian Ministry at the United Nations- part 1
- The Plenary Sessions, Voting and Procedures in the PC(USA) General Assembly
- Presbyterian Church (USA) General Assembly: introduction
- More on Community Organising: Brad’s story
- Community organising training 1
- Study Leave talk at Old High St Stephen’s
- Evening Prayer at the General Assembly
- Conversations with Congressman Geoff Davis: Part 2
- Growth or faithfulness? A Cincinnati Presbyterian pastor reflects
- Conversations with Congressman Geoff Davis: Part 1
- The Middle East in the Midwest: Israel, Palestine, and US Evangelicalism
- Photos from University Christian Church, Cincinatti, Ohio
- Slavery and Freedom in Cincinnati
- US Presbyterian General Assembly summary
- Midwestern evangelicalism in Cincinnati
- PC (USA) Statistics again
- US Healthcare Debate: comment by Sojourners’ Jim Wallis
- More writing needed!
- The Poverty Initiative of the the National Council of Churches of Christ
- PC (USA) online
- PC(USA) statistics
- At the PC(USA) General Assembly
- Update about Washington
- Sojourners: a different evangelical politics?
- A wee walk around New York
- Economics and the General Assemblies
- Will Israel, gay issues to dominate PC (USA) General Assembly?
- Second Tuesday: the Israel/Palestinian conflict and the PC(USA)
- Quick update
- Community organizing turns serious… but fun!
- Interim update: Tuesday evening, 19 June
- At the Faith in Public Life office in Washington DC with Jennifer Butler
- At the Presbyterian office in Washington DC
- Sermon at White Plains Presbyterian Church, June 10, 2012
- Pastor Jeff Geary blogs on my arrival!
- First days in USA
- RT @rachelheldevans: @BroderickGreer @NateSparks130 I would pay $1,000 to never hear the word "winsome" from an evangelical ever again. 46 minutes ago
- RT @BroderickGreer: I wonder if people called Jesus' lament from the cross a "megaphone for bitterness". Great to dwell on. https://t.co/OR… 47 minutes ago
- RT @chuckthomasuk: Every little helps. https://t.co/91nc8oUYHE 48 minutes ago
- RT @mrdavidwhitley: My last one on increased cohesion between the social care & healthcare systems via hierarchical departmentalised manage… 48 minutes ago
- RT @mrdavidwhitley: That's basically $23 a day to spend on those dog porn sites you don't want mum to know about. The life of a king. 48 minutes ago
- 4,071 hits
Tag Archives: Ohio
In my last post I listed the programme for the community organising course. Here’s a story which illustrates a bit of what it was all about.
On Sunday 17 June, I attended church at University Christian Church, and then had my meeting with Congressman Geoff Davis. Pastor Troy Jackson then picked me up from northern Kentucky, and after brief stops at his home and to buys … Continue reading
Images from over a weekend at University Christian Church, Cincinatti, Ohio. Read more about UCC here.